If you are planning to sell your home in the near future, an attractive kitchen could really help to improve your chances of finding a buyer and getting a good price. Of all the home improvement projects you could carry out, a kitchen remodel is one of the few that could still give you a good return on your investment, despite the weak housing market.
The kitchen is the hub of most homes–nourishing the body, mind and soul. A great kitchen can help buyers overlook other flaws in a home; one that’s not-so-great can quickly derail any hopes of an offer.
If you’re thinking about selling and have the time, money and energy to do so, you may want to consider a kitchen remodel. Notwithstanding a kitchen upgrade, here are seven fail-safe tips to make your kitchen more eye-catching to buyers:
• Replace all light bulbs with “true light” bulbs.
• Clean all windows, windowsills and screens.
• De-clutter cabinets and drawers. Pare down the number of plates, glasses, dishware, utensils and cookware stored in your kitchen.
• Clean out food storage areas (refrigerator-freezer-cupboards) to reduce the amount of food stored in your home.
• Replace cabinetry pulls.
• If you have draperies or blinds in your kitchen, have them professionally cleaned.
• Make sure your stove, refrigerator, cupboards and drawers are immaculate.
Click on the image above for more information.