Tips For Sellers
The key to selling your home quickly and at the right price is in preparing it appropriately. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Give home a thorough cleaning
- Oil door hinges, tighten door knobs
- Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged
- Repair dripping faucets and leaky toilets
- Replace all burned out light bulbs
- Repair any defective light switch
- Get rid of clutter both inside and out
- Cut and edge lawn
- Trim hedges and weed gardens
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors
- Cleanout the gutters
- Wash the windows
- Tidy up the garage
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows
HELPFUL TIPS FOR SHOWING YOUR HOME
- Keep pets out of the house. Either take them with you or keep them penned in the yard or garage.
- Put away items in the yard, i.e., garden tools, bicycles and toys.
- Make sure your home is well lit.
- Remove clutter from tables and shelves. Less clutter creates the illusion of a larger space.
- Keep money, prescription drugs and other valuables out of view.
- Add a ground up lemon to the garbage disposal to give the kitchen a fresh smell.
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.
- Light a fire in the fireplace to create a comfortable ambiance.
- Keep radios and TVs off, or on a low volume.